John Cabot University
John Cabot University in Rome, Italy: the academic experience
At John Cabot University in Rome, degree-seeking and visiting students alike will discover a distinctly American learning experience enriched by our location in Rome and our international student population and faculty.
An American education in Rome
JCU is a liberal arts university offering Bachelor of Arts degrees in 14 fields. Emphasizing the development of critical thinking, communication, and research skills, your JCU education will enhance your knowledge about ideas and culture, but more importantly, it will teach you to think and adapt. This intellectual agility provides you with a strong advantage over those who have not had a significant international experience that will help you to advance in your career or pursue graduate study or both.
• Professors hold degrees from Brown University, Columbia University, Harvard University, Johns Hopkins University, the London School of Economics and Political Science, New York University, the University of Bologna, the University of Munich, the University of Rome “La Sapienza,” the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, and Yale, among many others.
• Learn in small classes. John Cabot University’s classes in Rome average about 15 students.
• Experience an American-style learning environment. Get to know your professors. Debate in class. Share your ideas. Write analytical papers. Conduct original research.
• Explore Rome as a living laboratory. From Etruscan ruins and the Roman Colosseum to the Christian catacombs and the Vatican, you will have the chance to study architecture, art, art history, archaeology, history, and religion on location at museums and historic sites.
• Collaborate with students from 70 different countries. Every day you will learn with students from all over the planet—people who will share their ideas and perspectives in class—and their friendship outside of class. Together you will build a global learning community at John Cabot—and lifelong friendships across the continents.
• Learn by doing. Through field trips, internships, research opportunities, and study abroad opportunities (even full-time JCU students study abroad), you will grow personally and intellectually through firsthand experience.
Founded in 1972, JCU is the first American regionally accredited liberal arts university in Italy. JCU’s two campus centers are located along the banks of the Tiber River in the historic center of Rome.
Number of Students: 1,300 students from over 70 countries, including visiting students from prestigious universities across the United States; average class size of 15
Number of Faculty: 100 faculty members, with over 90% of full-time faculty holding PhDs from some of the world’s most prestigious institutions
Career Development: The Career Services Center prepares students for internships, graduate programs, and careers.
Student Support: Tutoring labs, counseling services, student assistance 24/7 with housing near the University
Financial Aid: As part of our commitment to provide an affordable university education for qualified and talented students, John Cabot University offers degree-seeking students (first-year and transfer students) many merit-based scholarships and financial assistance grants. Students who are awarded scholarships and grants will be notified after they are accepted to the University. John Cabot University accepts FAFSA. Over 90% of students receive financial aid.