University of Louisiana at Lafayette
We are smart, spirited, and seeking solutions.
Those words say a lot about the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Sure, they capture the essence of the place. But that one sentence conveys who we are in a way that may not be obvious to anyone who hasn’t experienced our University firsthand.
It’s authentic. Not only does it distill who we are, but it describes us in words that everyone can understand. That’s because UL Lafayette is all about inclusion. We strive to bring everyone to the same table, so to speak. (Expect food analogies from a university that’s located in the heart of the place that Cajun food originates.) Our University doesn’t embrace diversity; it celebrates diversity. It doesn’t nod “hello” to strangers and keep walking; it invites strangers inside for a cup of coffee.
By now, you should've gotten the hint that the University of Louisiana at Lafayette isn’t an ordinary university. It’s not a school of "almost" higher education.
We’re the second-largest university in Louisiana with over 19,000 students. We offer bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees ranging from the humanities to hard sciences, and we're among the nation’s leaders in areas such as Computer Science, Environmental Biology, and Nursing.
We hold Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Learning’s elite R1 designation, ranking us among the nation’s top public and private research institutions.
And we're the only university in the world whose sports teams are the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns®. Our student-athletes compete at the highest level of NCAA competition.
We invite you to learn more about the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and discover our passions.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette earned high marks in the 2022 U.S. News & World Report Best Online Programs rankings. UL Lafayette's online bachelor's degree programs were the highest ranked in the state.
Top 15% of four-year colleges for undergraduate education | The Princeton Review
UL Lafayette is a two-time winner of the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from INSIGHT into Diversity magazine. Fewer than 100 universities in the United States earn that distinction.
The University is one of 65 in the country to earn gold-level Military Friendly School status—an award based on the University' commitment to helping veterans enroll, graduate, and find careers.
#25 Most Eco-Friendly University in the US | GreenMetric Rankings
Best Value College | Forbes
• The University of Louisiana at Lafayette owns a total of about 1,300 acres. Its main campus consists of 145 acres; the athletic complex and Cajundome sit on 243 acres; University Research Park has 148 acres; and the Center for Ecology and Environmental Technology has 51 acres.
• It also owns the 100-acre New Iberia Research Center in New Iberia, Louisiana.
• The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
• 100% of all undergraduate programs at UL Lafayette that are eligible for accreditation by professional agencies are accredited. The University offers more than 80 majors and more than 30 graduate programs. Visit louisiana.edu/academics for more information.
• Total fall 2021 official enrollment was 19,203.
• A total of 2,525 students are seeking graduate degrees this semester.
• The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns® compete at the highest level of collegiate athletics in NCAA Division I.
• The University's student-athletes graduate at the highest rate among student-athletes at schools in Louisiana and the Sun Belt Conference, according to the NCAA.